Tag: cholesterol

Posts

Well deserving of the title “The Queen of Herbs,” holy basil or tulsi is quite the multitasker in the health department. You’ll reap the most benefits if you’re patient with it, but even a single cup could perk up your energy levels. The mojo is in the leaves, more specifically the oil of the leaves. Eugenol, a phenolic compound, deserves the most accolades. But the rule of thumb for herbs, or any natural food, though is that whole is always better than isolated active ingredients; so think of it as a team of compounds working together.
Also known as “gale of the wind,” bhumiamalaki is a field weed that is all kinds of good for your liver and digestion. It’s also believed to dissolve kidney stones, earning the additional title of “stonebreaker.” The fame preceding the herb stems from the battalion of beneficial compounds tucked away in its leaves. Why It’s So Great 1. Supports the Liver Like a friend on constant standby, your liver bears the brunt of all the bad lifestyle choices you make – eating junk food, not exercising, drinking too much, smoking.
The laurel wreaths associated with the deity Apollo and the Roman legend Caesar are nothing but bay leaves woven into crowns. They’re taken from the bay laurel tree. The leaves aren’t just symbols of victory but hold a deeper value for the human body. Here are the compounds that make them worth your while, 1,8-cineole being especially helpful: Why It’s So Great 1. Supports Digestive Health Digestion is a complex process.
The aloe vera plant, a succulent, stores water in its leaves to survive in dry regions. The slightly yellow gel you see when you split the leaves in half is nothing but water storage cells. Even though about 99% of these cells is just water, the remaining 1% has compounds that are health promoting. Take a quick look: Adding to its accolades, aloe vera has seven of the eight essential amino acids that your body can’t synthesize on its own and needs from food.