The first thing most people sacrifice on a busy day is taking care of themselves. And yet, that’s the one thing that shouldn’t budge from the top of your priority list. Here’s what you can do to stick to your morning routine on a busy morning.
- As soon as you get up, put the kettle on for warm water. Set it to 2 minutes.
- If you are absolutely strapped for time, you may skip dipping your face in a bowl of water. Instead use a wet tissue to gently wipe your eyes. You may put a couple of drops of triphala eye wash or rose water on the tissue itself. Make sure the rose water is homemade. Commercial rose water may have unwanted chemicals.
- Brushing your teeth and scraping the tongue are non-negotiable. Remember to massage your teeth and gums rather than scrubbing them. Use circular up-down movements, not side to side. Use a tongue scraper rather than a toothbrush with a scraper at the back. If you have a strong gag reflex, hum while you scrape and take rapid short breaths through your nose.
- It will take only a couple of minutes to gargle. The water is ready. Just add salt and start gargling. You may want to keep a salt cellar in your bathroom cabinet.
- Oil pulling takes time. So you could save it for night. Just make sure there’s a long gap between your dinner and the oil pulling session.
- Finish off with a glass of lime water. You’ve already heated up the water. It should be a comfortable temperature now.
You can wrap up the entire session in under 10 minutes.