Some days you sail with time, some days you race against it. So on one of those days when you cannot manage to take out time to methodically and slowly pull the brakes and get to sleep, do just the following.
- Dim the lights in your room.
- Put a few drops of lavender essential oil in the diffuser in your room.
- On your music player, or your phone, play calming instrumental music. You may like the South American pan flute or Tibetan singing bowls too for their earthy tones. Or you could play your favorite nature sounds. Some common favorites for sleep time are rainfall, rustle of leaves, and ocean waves.
- Now head for a quick warm shower.
- Bath done, wear comfortable bedclothes, sit down and practice deep breathing for about 5 minutes.
- Finish up with a gentle oil massage on your feet. Wipe off the excess oil. Head to bed.
All of these will take you about 15 minutes tops.